Monday, November 14, 2011

LIFE Magazine - 75 Years 'The Very Best of LIFE'

For someone who is a logophile and bibliophile, I have to admit that nothing can compare to a beautiful and breathtaking picture. No amount of words can ever capture the beauty and spontaneity of a 'perfect' picture. Today while I was at the grocery store I purchased Life Magazines '75 Years of Life Magazine'. This edition of the magazine holds countless images of the past 75 years. All the images will invoke emotions. Some made me teary eyed and some sent a warm rush of joy inside me. A picture really can capture 1,000 words. Below is a link from a CBS telecast about the book version of the magazine which has a lot more images. I will be purchasing the book version as well. These photos are a time capsule of World History and a treasure to own.


No comments:

Post a Comment