Thursday, March 15, 2012

I got engaged!

This post is way past due. I got engaged on my birthday January 12, 2012. I had planned a  special trip with all my friends in the most magical place on earth to celebrate my 24th birthday. I went up to Disney one day early with my then boyfriend Anthony to have a special birthday dinner in a restaurant I had been dying to try. Little did I know that behind my back he had my reservations cancelled and had planned a surprise engagement.



On that Thursday we went to the Magic Kingdom where I got my Happy Birthday pin. Anthony bought me my first pair of Minnie Mouse ears and we enjoyed our day at one of my favorite parks.

That night he surprised me by taking me to the Grand Floridian for a private boat cruise to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. All the while, claiming it was a birthday surprise. I was fooled the whole time. We took pictures on the boat. He had chilled champagne and a red rose waiting for me. Then amidst the fireworks show he tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around to see the love of my life on bended knee. He popped the question and as my personal fairytale goes I said yes. All that is left is to live out our very own Happily Ever After!



After the boat ride we had a private table at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. We were welcomed by the restaurant manager who had special menus printed for us and had our bottle of champagne chilled and ready for us at our table. 


My sister and I




On Friday we went to Animal Kingdom and at night met up with all our friends. We spent Saturday at Epcot and drank around the world. It was the best birthday weekend ever and I am so happy and blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment